Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Sentimental Skirt

I finished playing around with this skirt a couple of Sunday nights ago. Just in time to wear to jazz. 

It's been sitting around waiting for something for quite a while now, so figured it was time to do something with it! 



It's cut from the bottom of my Mum's wedding dress. My parents are divorced so she doesn't want it, and I figure that it's part of my history. 

It was very eighties to start and I fancied using the full skirt. So I cut it off! Then panicked. Then hemmed it at the waistband. Then panicked a bit more! 



Finally it's got an elastic waistband. Mostly. It's a bit bodged, but it works with a belt. 

I may take it apart again and start it over, but for the moment it's ok. 



It's a bit shorter than I'm used to, but it was really fun to dance in on Sunday. Nice and floaty and light. 

For some reason it makes me feel very 20s. God knows why. I did my hair in pin curls and a side pony. I don't like wearing my hair down to go dancing, so pin curls are a good option! 



I'm fairly pleased with the outfit in all. I like that it has some sentimentality to it and I'm glad I finally got it wearable!

Jo 

P.S. any important clothes in your wardrobe? 

P.P.S. sorry for the terrible quality phone photos!! Normal service will be resumed when the fiancé/photographer returns! 

No comments:

Post a Comment