Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

Stitch by Stitch

Hello there!

It's a bit cold really for tapping out a blog post. Need to be doing something active, my fingers and toes are freezing! I'll have to learn to knit socks. 

Which brings me neatly onto my topic for today. 


See what I did there....!

We've been starting to clear our garage over this last week. Some sad finds. Ruined fifties petticoats and a handmade dress. Apparently there's mice in there! 

There's still some suitcases of clothes to go through, but Eric's gran was tiny. So I have no hope except for accessories! 

One thing there was an abundance of though was magazines. Including these Stitch by Stitch ones from the 80s. 


They're a little dated, but there's a lot of handy how to's and little projects like the one above that make them worth keeping. 


So without rambling on too much more, here's a few of my favourite pages! 


Free skirt pattern. Uncut. Casual and comfy I think! 


Sweet summer dress fitted with shirring around the bodice. 

 
Suffolk Puff quilt. Not just for prams. Great for using up scraps of fabric! 


Velvet winter dress. With a few tweaks could look very 40s! Slightly less poof to the shoulders maybe! 



Simple nightdress pattern. With tap pant style shorts as well. I'm thinking more undergarments than night wear! 


Trench coat. Basic but smart! 


Crocheted daisies. Why not. 

A lovely little find to cheer up the monotony of clearing!

Jo. 

P.S. do you have any go to guides you love? Cheap pattern sources? 

No comments:

Post a Comment