Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Grandma's Dressing Table Set

Hello again!

Today I thought I'd share with you something I love, but unfortunately don't really get a lot of use out of.

When my grandma passed away, a number of years ago now, I inherited a few bits from her. Some more sentimental than others. This is one of the sentimental things.

All the pretty things.

It's a gorgeous dressing table set. I'm guessing thirties or forties although I really know very little about it.
I don't use the brushes really. I worry about the bristles all coming out!



I use the mirror a lot, it's perfect for seeing the back of my head when I do up dos. Or even just to make sure my curls are OK.



I used to use the powder when I was little for fun! I love the smell of it though.



Just that little thing takes me back to sitting in my grandma's bedroom with her, playing with the set on her dressing table. Which was glass topped and had loads of family photos underneath, peeking out at you from behind all the beautiful things.

Jo :-)

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful set. You must treasure it. Is that fabric on the heads of the brush and mirror, or is it just a pattern? Gorgeous either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have it properly displayed once our bedroom is decorated!
    It's a fabric underneath a protective covering. Glass on the tray and I'm guessing some kind of plastic on the mirror and brushes.
    Thank you for your comments.
    Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous dressing table set! I love the handheld mirrors. They totally remind me of Beauty and the Beast :)

    http://vintagefashionlondon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      I'll always remember that when I use them now!

      Jo :-)

      Delete